Swim Sports Company Limited trading as swim! is the data controller of the personal information you provide to us. This means the company determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal data relating to you and your school is to be processed.
What information do we collect about you?
When booking on to a course, the categories of information we collect, and hold include the following;
- Personal information – e.g. names, contact number, email address, date of birth
- Relevant medical information
- Disability information
- Attendance information
- Assessment information – our teachers record the progress of each swimmer and the award history is saved to your online account
- Basic payment information – payment amounts, and date of payments are recorded on the booking. No card or bank account information is stored by us
How information about you will be used?
We use your information:
- to provide our service to you
- to inform you of any changes to the service we provide
- for us to be able to identify you when you contact us, or we contact you
- for medical information for health and safety of delivering swimming lessons
To make sure you’re in complete control, you will be asked before your booking if you would like to receive these communications from us, if so, you will then be asked to sign the relevant paper work which will be stored onto our server which has a user protected password and is encrypted.
We do not sell on any personal data, but to be able to provide our service we work with a number of partner companies who we need to share your data with.
SAD Holdings Ltd: Swim sports Company Ltd is part of the SAD Holdings Ltd Group who provide shared services such as customer service, marketing, business development, and finance departments. The Customer Service department supports with customer enquiries via telephone. The Marketing Team export customer data to send out marketing emails on behalf of swim!, such as newsletters, competitions, offers, or anything else that will add value to the customers experience with swim!. Business development department deal with all school bookings and school enquires across the group. The data is accessed through our server which has a user protected password and is encrypted.
swim! team employees access registers, medical, disability and contact information on our CRM system via password protected access.
Cleversteam are our website and CRM system developers and therefore they do sometimes need to access customer accounts when errors occur. They do not process any data but need access to our systems to enable continuous development and to resolve any issues. They only access accounts with our consent to do so.
SAD Holdings Ltd who provide shared services such as finance departments and business development are given the information to them at the point of sign up to ensure we are invoicing the school for our services. This information is not shared with anyone else and is then kept securely on-site.
How long will data be stored for?
In accordance with the GDPR, we do not store personal data indefinitely; data is only stored for as long as is necessary to complete the task for which it was originally collected.
Booking information including participant’s name, class information and any accidents are kept until the participant is 21 years old, this is to comply with Health & Safety regulations.
What are your rights?
Account holders and members have the following rights in relation to the processing of their personal data.
You have the right to:
- Be informed about how swim! use your personal data
- Request access to the personal data that swim! holds.
- Request that your personal data is amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Request that your personal data is erased where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- Request that the processing of your data is restricted
- Object to your personal data being processed
Data Protection Officer
For any/all enquiries relating to this policy or any data privacy practices carried out by swim! please contact our appointed Data Protection Officer Satswana Ltd.
Their contact details are;
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone number: 01252 516 898
- Address: Pembroke House, St Christopher’s Place, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0NH.