Swim Sports Company Limited trading as swim! is the data controller of the personal information you provide to us. This means the company determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal data relating to you and your child is to be processed.
What information do we collect about you?
When booking on to a course, the categories of information we collect, and hold include the following;
- Personal information – e.g. names, contact number, email address, home address & date of birth
- Relevant medical information
- Disability information
- Attendance information
- Assessment information – our teachers record the progress of each swimmer and the award history is saved to your online account
- Basic payment information – payment amounts, and date of payments are recorded on the booking. No card or bank account information is stored by us
How information about you will be used?
We use your information:
- to provide our service to you
- to inform you of any changes to the service we provide
- for us to be able to identify you when you contact us, or we contact you
- for medical information for health and safety of delivering swimming lessons
To add value to your experience with swim!, we may often run competitions, events, or send newsletters out to keep you informed of everything we feel you would want to know. To make sure you’re in complete control, we’ve built a User Preferences Centre which you can access by clicking here. Unless you update your preferences, you’ll miss out on all of these updates.
We sometimes use your personal data to create a profile of the kind of people we feel would benefit from our service. We do this, so we can ensure that our social media ads are reaching relevant people, who like yourself, may have an interest in our business. It’s important to us that we only promote relevant ads to an online audience. It is not stored anywhere or shared with any third party.
We upload personal data to the email marketing platform, MailChimp. This means we're able to email you all communications, such as information on your child's lessons, or anything marketing-related that you've opted into. Your personal data is only accessible and processed by the Controller via MailChimp (in this case, swim!)
Bottomline are controller of direct debit agreements and information is given to them at the point of sign up directly via an API (Application Programme Interface) on our website.
For one off payments taken by card, these transactions are processed by Payzone they are the controller of the card and payment details and information is given to them at the point of entering in card details on the PDQ machine. They store your data in line with their financial regulations.
We do not sell on any personal data, but to be able to provide our service we work with a number of partner companies who we need to share your data with.
SAD Holdings ltd: Swim sports Company Ltd is part of the SAD Holdings Ltd Group who provide shared services such as customer service, marketing and finance departments. The Customer Service department supports with bookings and customer enquiries via telephone. The Marketing Team export customer data to send out marketing emails on behalf of swim!, such as newsletters, competitions, offers, or anything else that will add value to the customers experience with swim! The data is accessed through our CRM system via secure logins.
swim! team employees access registers, medical, disability and contact information on our CRM system via password protected access.
Cleversteam are our website and CRM system developers and therefore they do sometimes need to access customer accounts when errors occur. They do not process any data but need access to our systems to enable continuous development and to resolve any issues. They only access accounts with our consent to do so.
swim! may pass your information on to third parties for research to help improve our customer service and inform locations for future sites. We will never share sensitive data with any third parties who have no authority to use any data outside the remit of their contract with us.
How long will data be stored for?
In accordance with the GDPR, we do not store personal data indefinitely; data is only stored for as long as is necessary to complete the task for which it was originally collected.
Booking information including participant’s name, class information and any accidents are kept until the participant is 21 years old, this is to comply with Health & Safety regulations.
What are your rights?
Account holders and members have the following rights in relation to the processing of their personal data.
You have the right to:
- Be informed about how swim! use your personal data
- Request access to the personal data that swim! holds.
- Request that your personal data is amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Request that your personal data is erased where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- Request that the processing of your data is restricted
- Object to your personal data being processed
Data Protection Officer
For any/all enquiries relating to this policy or any data privacy practices carried out by swim! please contact our appointed Data Protection Officer Satswana Ltd.
Their contact details are;
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone number: 01252 516 898
- Address: Pembroke House, St Christopher’s Place, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0NH.